Each year, the Prime Time Jimmy Kline Ride for Cancer inducts a dedicated member of the organization into the Hall of Fame.
To do great work, you need to be dedicated. Each year, one dedicated person becomes a VIP- without our riders, we would not be on our 10th year!
Remember your loved ones who fought the battle with cancer. PTJK Memorial Plates are able to be purchases any time. Contact us today and place your plate today!
About Jimmy Kline
Many would say he was a good man. Many would say he loved to ride. Many would say nothing: and become speechless because there are not words to describe such a wonderful person.
Join Our Ride.
The 11th Annual Prime Time Jimmy Kline Ride For Cancer will be held on August 22nd and 23rd 2015. The location has not been determined: if you have any feedback that you would like to submit, please contact us and tell us what you think!
In the past 10 years, over $30,000 has donated to the American Cancer Society for research only Friends and Family Cancer Foundation for cancer assistance to local residents. The total consists of Donations for the Cancer Recognition Plaque, Auction, Raffle, and Ride Registration as well as the PTJK 5K Run and 5K Memorial Walk at the Mauston Pumpkin Bash. Although the run was canceled this year, we wanted to shift our efforts to making the 10th years worth it. This money is crutial in fighting the battle of cancer.
Ride History and Beginning - A Note from Founder Dennis Nielsen.
I began to organize the Prime Time Jimmy Kline Ride for Cancer in the early summer of 2005 after Jimmy lost his battle to cancer on February 4, 2005. Jimmy was a fellow-rider and long-time friend of mine. Our ride is recognized into the upper mid-west. All intersections will be blocked off by the local police municipalities. Motorcycles will line up behind the road captain and road guards, other vehicles will follow behind the bikes. The ride begins in Juneau County in Mauston, WI at Riverside Park and travels through hills and valleys, across the Mississippi River before arriving at Mount Hosmer in Lansing, IA. Mount Hosmer is a Veterans Park ; Jimmy shared the park's beauty with many people over his many years. He loved the park and its view overlooking the Mississippi River National Wildlife Refuge. We hope you will consider being a part of the Prime Time Jimmy Kline Ride for Cancer and experience what we felt during the inaugural ride in August, 2005 and every year since. Proceeds of the 2012 ride will be dispersed as follows: 75% will be given to the American Cancer Society for research and the remaining 25% will go to the Friends and Family Cancer Foundation for Patient Assistance in Adams, Juneau and Sauk counties. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us. It is truly an honor for us to continue organizing this ride, we know "It's all about the people." We look forward to meeting each and every one of you on The Ride. Like Jimmy always said, "Let's kick the tires and light the fires." See you at the Ride! Dennis Nielsen Founder and President
This person has been active with the PTJK Ride since year two. With the help and influence of this person and his group, the ride took on a new direction; a direction that lives on to this day. This man has convinced other chapters of his organization to become active and participate in the PTJK Ride for Cancer. He has been responsible for coordinating all the road guard in different chapters for the past 8 years. Lots of us take for granted the safety needed to enjoy our rides from Mauston to Lansing, Iowa. This is directly in his hands and he takes the safety of our riders very seriously. He and his group has a flawless record. He is very proud of his organization, the Christian Motorcycle Association, and to be an essential asset to the PTJK Ride for Cancer. His favorite and sincere statement to me has always been: “Whatever you need”. We are thankful, honored, and proud to induct James Pucci into the 2014 Hall of Fame.
This individual has been one of two people that have been in this position in ten years. He is responsible for the majority of those ten years. This person is an officer in the organization and is directly responsible for counting the beans at the end of the day! Not only does he keep track of the funds, he also dispenses the beans and is responsible for researching, reporting and documenting all federal, state and local rules and regulations. He has been tested in a State of Wisconsin Audit and passes with flying colors. He is a very conservative officer and treasurer and very diligent with balancing the monies and the priorities of the organization. He voices his opinion on many different subjects pertaining to the Ride. At the end of the day, it’s usually Jim & I finishing up with the task at hand. We are thankful, honored, and proud to announce Jim Chambers as our 2014 VIP.